Super Rare Games adds a Robin Hood-style feather to their impressive cap of Nintendo Switch physical releases
Super Rare Games (publisher of Grapple Dog) is once again collaborating with Humble Games (publisher of titles like Disco Elysium, Unpacking, and Flynn: Son of Crimson) to bring that publisher’s digital product a limited physical release on the Nintendo Switch. This 67th game in this series is Archvale, the top-down bullet hell adventure RPG developed by Idoz & Phops.
The Rare Physical Release
As is the Super Rare standard, Archvale will come within a lavish case including interior artwork, a full-colour manual, an exclusive sticker, and trading cards featuring art from the game. Only 4,000 copies total will ever be printed, which go on sale on April 14th at 6pm BST (10am PDT/1pm EDT) — available worldwide exclusively at superraregames.com. Super Rare Games ship soon after sale.
Archvale is set in a fantastical world where a cruel king with sinister powers once terrorized the land. Though he has long since disappeared, his presence can still be felt in the Undying—beings that were once people that have been cursed with immortality by that evil despot.
You play as the sole hero that can rise against them and erase the blemish that the king has left on the world. This will involve roaming different lands, acquiring loots and upgrades to strengthen yourself against the onslaught of projectile-spamming monsters and zombies that plague every corner of the environment. With a variety of weapons at your disposal, it won’t be long before you’ll be able to discover the truth of the mythic arch to Archvale.
- The challenging and hectic bullet hell combat will put your weapons of choice to the test and will require precision and speed to succeed
- You can customise your character with badges, allowing you to create a build that caters to your unique playstyle
- You can craft over 200 weapons and armour using items gathered from the environment and from slaying enemies, allowing further customisability
- Nostalgic classic SNES/GBA 2D graphics reminiscent of The Legend of Zelda games from those consoles
- The soundtrack by master wizard manages to juggle the task of making the atmosphere tense, whimsical and exciting
- A whole host of enemies across diverse environments and dungeons will take you across an ever changing map where you will find unique resources needed to complete your journey
- Uncover the dark lore of the world on your quest to unearth the arch to the fabled world of Archvale
Follow Super Rare Games here to keep updated!
A flamboyant ultra nerd, Dave participates in the Underlevelled Tournament both for the thrill of the fight, and to avenge the orphans lost in the climax of the previous tournament.
Hobbies: street dance, collecting manga volumes, reading, editing
Likes: short-to-medium walks on the beach, pointing out how things can and will be misconstrued as racism, fighting games, RPGs, anime, Hades, alternative hip hop, conscious hip hop, Mara Wilson, overly long bios, ice-cream
Dislikes: insincere media, his own uncanny resemblance to Richard Ayoade, mayonnaise