Classic platformer hops onto every console this May!
Tate Multimedia has revealed they have made a new Kao game, more than 20 years after the mighty marsupial debuted on the Sega Dreamcast. Kao (pronounced K.O.) will wield an assortment of elemental boxing gloves as he confronts corrupted martial arts masters and scours the world in search of his sister.
Kao the Kangaroo promises to have:
- Beautiful and diverse levels
- Gameplay that can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of age. Kao’s hands are rated E for everyone!
- Magic boxing with a variety of elemental powers
- Kao is a kangaroo. The coolest marsupial.
- A captivating story with an assortment of quirky characters
- Challenging combat with dynamic boss battles
- A wealth of collectibles that will test your spatial awareness and platforming skills to find
The game will be available on Playstation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and Steam from Friday, 27 May 2022. It will cost £24.99 digitally, and £29.99 for physically.
A demo build of the game will be available to play at PAX East in Boston this weekend.
A flamboyant ultra nerd, Dave participates in the Underlevelled Tournament both for the thrill of the fight, and to avenge the orphans lost in the climax of the previous tournament.
Hobbies: street dance, collecting manga volumes, reading, editing
Likes: short-to-medium walks on the beach, pointing out how things can and will be misconstrued as racism, fighting games, RPGs, anime, Hades, alternative hip hop, conscious hip hop, Mara Wilson, overly long bios, ice-cream
Dislikes: insincere media, his own uncanny resemblance to Richard Ayoade, mayonnaise